Wooden Shoes Traditional Black
|Availability:||In stock (100)|
Traditional Black Wooden Shoes.
Buy yourself some wooden shoes in a traditional black design. Wooden shoes have been worn in the Netherlands for centuries, and it is still popular untill this day. It is the perfect shoe for around the house. It is also one of the most iconic souvenirs from Holland. It's a fun item to gift, or to get as a nice gift from Holland. What's more Dutch then some traditional wooden shoes.
Wooden Shoes, the perfect shoe for around the house.
Made from lightweight poplar wood, that will provide perfect isolation. Keeping your feet cool in the summer, and warm on the cold winterdays. The shoe is waterproof. When you drop tools, it is no problem. The clog will protect you.
Wooden shoes with a Traditional Black Design.
In the past, wooden shoes were mainly worn out of poverty. Leather had to be imported, and it was relatively cheap to make wooden shoes. Most people had two pairs of clogs at the time. A pair of plain clogs for the weekdays, and a pair of black clogs for Sundays. On God's Day you must of course look neat, black clogs complete the Sunday outfit.
The main advantages of a wooden shoe:
- waterresistant, you will never get wet feet.
- the wood provides isolation, it keeps the feet warm in the winter and cold in the summer.
- never get sweaty feet.
- orthopedically shaped, resulting in good support and healthy posture
- safety shoe (has a CE quality mark, and is tested to ressist a pressure of 300 kg / 661 lbs)
- sharp objects on the ground wont pierce your shoe.
- easy to get on and off.
- you can give your shoes a second life as planter.